Women make up 2/3 of the illiterate in the world.
So what difference would it make if all women had a chance to get an education?
- Female genital mutation avoided
- Decline in infant/children mortality rates
- A child born to a literate mother is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5
- With each year of schooling, a girl will significantly increase earning potential from 5%-15%
- Women can stand up for their rights
- There is less family violence
- Family health improves significantly
- Reduced HIV/AIDS Infection rate
... Read more